Buy the best adult electric scooter and you’ll get a good mini-transport alternative. It’s easy to carry, practically functional, and it certainly looks cool. But it comes with few disadvantages like other machines as well. That’s why it’s wise to carefully weigh its pros and cons before buying to avoid regrets.
Carefully Weigh these Pros and Cons of E-Scooters before Buying One
Electric scooters are fantastic products of technological innovation. But like other transport options, they don’t fit everybody. They’re perfect for some, while they cause burden to others. See if an e-scooter is right for you by weighing these points:
Pros of an Electric Scooter
- It’s fast and efficient on the road. E-scooters are comparable to electric bike without pedals. But what makes it more efficient is its smaller size than cars. So, it can easily pass through traffic jams.
- Electric scooters are lightweight and portable. It’s easy to fold in few seconds for hand carrying. This makes it storage efficient, such as putting it in the trunk of your car while on a long travel. This eliminates the need to worry about finding a parking spot as well.
- Enjoy lesser mileage cost when using an e-scooter. First, it simply use electricity to run, hence eliminating the need for expensive gas. And second, it doesn’t require much maintenance and repairs. It’s spare parts are more affordable than those for car or motorcycle too.
- As previously mentioned, e-scooters doesn’t require much maintenance. This means you can save from servicing and part replacement costs, while keeping unexpected hassles away. Be sure, however, to purchase quality e-scooter with good durability to enjoy this advantage.
- Electric scooters are much more convenient to use. As mentioned earlier, you can conveniently fold and carry or store it up. Aside from that, there’s no hassles in driving since its mechanism is automatic. You don’t have to pedal for long miles, only to arrive at work drenching with sweat.
- Such mini vehicle uses electricity to function. So, you don’t have to emit too much carbon because of fuel. And that’s a big eco-friendly point to consider.
- Lastly, an electric scooter looks cool and enjoyable to use. If you can’t use it every day for commute, it would surely satisfy you on a day off.
Cons of an Electric Scooter
- Electric scooters are expensive. Plus, you need to aim for the best possible quality you can afford to avoid spending big on repairs. But it’s a lot cheaper than cars or motorcycles, and you’d eventually recuperate your expenses by saving on gas and maintenance.
- It’s not practical to use an e-scooter on super near or far distances. If you only have to walk a mile to work, for example, you can save on energy bills by not using an e-scooter. On the other hand, driving on long distances would completely drain its batteries while on the road.
- Everything is automated on an electric scooter. So, it offers lesser physical activities than bicycles and walking. That means reducing the chance of daily exercise routines.
- Lastly, riding an e-scooter leaves you vulnerable to environmental factors. You can’t use it under heavy rain, and it’s uncomfortable to drive under extreme heat. It’s unsafe to use through strong wind as well.
There you have it. These pros and cons would help you gauge if an electric scooter fits you. Carefully weigh them before buying to avoid regrets, and to see if it’s worth for your cash to pay.